Take Your Digital Recruiting Into 2022 with These Recruiting Best Practices
May 31, 2022
Now that we’re well into 2022 — how are your recruitment numbers looking?
It’s always a good idea to take stock every once in a while and see how you’re doing and where there’s room for improvement. If you feel like things are a little slower than you’d like, and you want to jumpstart your recruitment efforts, consider changing your efforts.
Here are some of the best practices for digital recruiters. How many are you using?
- Utilize social media for all it’s worth. There’s more to the social game for professionals than just LinkedIn. That’s still important, but the world is much bigger than that! Social media is a great place to look for new clients and candidates, to learn more about what’s going on in the various industries you’re staffing for, to get an idea of what skills are hot on the market right now and where priorities are shifting. This can help you understand what companies are looking for and what candidates need to be offering to be successful. Job seekers are increasingly going to social media to announce they’re looking for new opportunities; you can start a conversation there that could lead to a new candidate.
- Embrace technology for everything. We’re well beyond going paperless at this point. To help you stay organized and on top of where all candidates and clients stand in their search, everything should be digital and easily accessible wherever you are. Automation is your friend too: By keeping calendars updated and synced on all your devices, you can easily set up a system to automatically look for scheduling conflicts when it’s time to set meetings, arrange interviews or skills reviews with candidates, book calls with candidates, etc. This can also help streamline some of the more mundane tasks that could otherwise eat into more of your time than is needed.
- Look to the future. We’ve all become accustomed to the perks technology affords us, namely the ability to meet with people via conference call and video meetings. But think about what might be next: Consider the possibility of the virtual world: More companies are embracing VR and investing in headsets to allow interviews and meetings to take place in digital conference rooms, with people “sitting together” from miles away. This allows people to get the best of both worlds, an in-person meeting without having to travel cross-country for an interview or update. If you’re not quite there yet, it’s something worth considering as it’s likely to be industry standard before too long.
- Consider the candidate experience. Do you know what it’s like to be someone looking for you? How do job candidates find company websites or job postings? Is it easy or a struggle? Ignore all you know about your clients and try to search for information that a candidate would be looking for and see how successful you are at finding it. If there are headaches along the way, make a note and work with your company partners to fix these issues. Make sure, too, that everything is accessible for those who utilize technological tools, like screen readers, to expand your reach and candidate pool. Websites should be mobile friendly and adjustable, easily searchable and pertinent information super easy to find.
- Incorporate digital assessments. Hiring managers want to save as much time and effort as possible when it comes to finding the right candidate to interview, let alone hire. Candidates want to know if they’re a good fit for a job based on their experience and what a position needs. The best way to meet the wishes of both sides of that equation? Incorporate digital skill assessments and tests into the application process. You can see how a candidate does on a writing test, editing test or other automated skills exam and pass along only the best results to your client. Candidates can then see their results and understand where they need to improve. You’re helping both candidates and clients understand strengths and weaknesses, allowing the ones with the right experiences and skills to move forward faster.
We are living in a digital world and the best way to succeed — and help your clients and candidates succeed — is to embrace all that world has to offer.
Contact Method Recruiting Today
Method Recruiting can help! We’re eager to teach new recruiters the tips and tools of the trade, because we want our team to be successful too. If you’re looking to expand your skills or if you’re new to the recruitment game, call Method Recruiting today and we’ll bring you up to speed.
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to the blog for insightful posts delivered via email monthly. We respect your privacy and won’t spam your inbox.