How Can a Digital Recruiter Find You a Better Job…With More Pay?
May 20, 2022
The search for a new job can feel endless. It can be exhausting and frustrating and you can feel completely alone in your efforts.
But you don’t have to! Consider working with a recruiter to find not only a better job, but one that helps advance your career while earning more money.
It’s true! Here’s how:
- Recruiters know all the newest job openings. By cultivating relationships with companies over the span of years, recruiters are often the first people to know when a position is open, maybe even before it’s officially posted anywhere. That means, by working with a recruiter, you’ll have access to these postings and get your resume in front of the right eyes before the floodgates open. And speaking of this relationship…
- Recruiters will talk up quality candidates. They know just what their clients are looking for, the kinds of background and skills that will impress hiring managers. Their suggestions will carry weight with the companies they work with, so if you’re working with them and they think you’re a good fit for the job, you automatically go to the top of the consideration list. These two items go hand-in-hand toward speeding the timeline toward getting offers and being hired!
- They know what you’re up against. The very nature of their work means that recruiters know what kinds of skills, experience and background other applicants have on their resumes. They know where you’re leading the pack and where you might fall short. Based on this, they can provide suggestions on areas in which you might want to get more training or certification to help stand out among the group. They might offer some skills assessment when you’re first working with them to help understand your strengths and weaknesses, providing you with the results so you’ll have a better sense of this as well. It’s like having a guidance counselor available for career advice!
- They know the market. Recruiters are professional job hunters. They know what people are getting paid for similar titles and similar work in other companies. This means they can help negotiate on your behalf based on the knowledge they have of the market — if a company wants to try and pay less, they can advise you of this and encourage you to try and negotiate a higher rate of pay. It’s like having insider information that works to your benefit.
- When you get paid, so do they. The bottom-line truth is, most recruiters get paid by the company they work with. When that company hires a candidate the recruiter recommended, they get a percentage of that person’s salary as a kind of finder’s fee. The more money you earn, the more they get! It’s in a recruiter’s best interest to try and get the best pay for you.
Thinking of Working With a Recruiter? Contact the Method Team Today
Working with a recruiter means you’re not alone — and it can be a huge help when it comes to finding a job that pays better than your current one. Why not take a little assistance to make your life better?
Method Recruiting has a team of dedicated, savvy recruiters who want to help make your life better. Contact us today and let’s see how we can help!
Like what you're reading?
Subscribe to the blog for insightful posts delivered via email monthly. We respect your privacy and won’t spam your inbox.